Cool Little Kids Program for parents of 3 -6 year olds (online)
Time & Location
About The Event
This program is for Parents of preschool children (3 - 6 years). This is not a program for child participation. It is run over 6 sessions 1:1 with a Psychologist formally trained in the Cool Kids Program series through the Macquarie University Centre for Emotional Health.
Parents who participate will gain insight into why their child is shy, the links between shyness and anxiety, learn how to prevent anxiety problems, what to do when their child is worried or scared and how to encourage their bravery.
Topics covered will include:
- anxiety and shyness in preschool children
- what is anxiety & different types of anxiety
- how anxiety affects children as they develop
- how does a child become anxious
- unhelpful ways of dealing with anxiety and replacing unhelpful strategies
- building brave behaviours
- fighting fear but facing fear
- creating stepladders for anxious situations/events
- thinking realistically
- managing your own worries
- dealing with your child's anxirty in the future ...................& a whole lot more
Want to learn more? Complete the registration form and we will be in touch.
Cost: $560 (inclusive of workbook)
*Medicare rebates may apply
* NDIS (self managed) may apply