Chilled (13+) Anxiety Program
Time & Location
About The Event
Chilled is The Cool Kids Anxiety program for Adolescents. This engaging program for 13 – 17 year olds allows teens to learn strategies to help manage anxiety. Results show most young people who complete the program experience significant improvements, with decreases in worry, fear, family distress and life interference.
Who is Chilled for?
Chilled is suitable for a teen if:
- they are 13 to 17 years old (grade 7-12)
- anxiety is the main problems causing the teen difficulty and
- anxiety is affecting his or her day-to-day life
What does Chilled Involve?
The online program runs over 6 sessions a with a Psychologist and includes a parents and teen workbook. The video conferencing session are for the teen to attend independently. Parents are emailed weekly with updates to assist in working through the parent workbook and to support their teen through the program.
Topics covered in the program include:
- Learning about anxiety
- Building confidence and independence
- Learning to think realistically
- Parenting an anxious adolescent
- Managing Family Conflict
- Developing coping skills such as assertiveness or problem solving
- Taking Time to Chill
- Future Planning
The program is an evidenced based program written by Carolyn Schnieing, Heidi Lyneham, Ann Wignall and Ronald Rapee at the Macquarie University Anxiety Research Clinic and produced by the Centre of Emotional Health, Macquarie University.
Emma Cooney, Psychologist is an accredited program provider.
Time: 4:00 - 5:00PM
Dates: 23 & 30 July
6, 13, 20 & 27th August
* Rebates may be available through Medicare and NDIS (self managed)