Chilled (13+) Anxiety and Depression Program
Time & Location
About The Event
Chilled is The Cool Kids Anxiety and Depression program for Adolescents. This engaging program for 13 – 17 year olds allows teens to learn strategies to help manage anxiety and depression. The Chilled program is a structured, skills-based program that teaches teens how to better manage anxiety and depression. Results show most young people who complete the program experience significant improvements, with decreases in worry, fear, mood, family distress and life interference.
Who is Chilled for?
Chilled Out is suitable for a teen if:
- they are 13 to 17 years old (grade 7-12)
- anxiety and depression are the main problems causing the teen difficulty and
- anxiety and depression are affecting his or her day-to-day life
What does Chilled Involve?
The online program runs over 8 sessions and sessions are 1:1 with a Psychologist. The program includes adolescent and parents workbooks
Topics covered in the program include:
- Learning about anxiety and depresion
- Building confidence and independence
- Learning to think realistically
- Parenting an anxious and depressed adolescent
- Managing Family Conflict
- Developing coping skills such as assertiveness or problem solving
- Taking Time to Chill
- Future Planning
The program is an evidenced based program written by Carolyn Schnieing, Heidi Lyneham, Ann Wignall and Ronald Rapee at the Macquarie University Anxiety Research Clinic and produced by the Centre of Emotional Health, Macquarie University.
Emma Cooney, Psychologist is an accredited program provider.
If you are interested in learning more about the program please complete the registration form and we will be in touch.
* Rebates may be available through Medicare and NDIS (self managed)